Depression in ground, possibly created by mining
activities, where John Wesley preached
on 18 occasions from 1762 to 1789.
Remodelled in memory of Wesley into
today's terraced 'amphitheatre' in 1806.
Concrete and mosaic interpretation
panels were added near the entrance in
1983–5. Adjoining Busveal Chapel (1836)
has pictures, exhibition panels and visitor
centre. Part of the Cornwall and West
Devon Mining Landscape (aka Cornish Mining) World Heritage Site.
Additional visitor information
Access for disabled visitors to visitor
Coach parking available, please advise
Annual Pentecost Service at 3pm. See website for other services throughout the year.
Getting there: OS: SW717415; SATNAV: TR16 5HH Car: 2 miles from Redruth via St Day Road, or follow brown tourist signs from the A30 at Scorrier. Bus: Nearest bus to St Day, one mile away. Train: Train service to Redruth.